I've only had this mattress about 3 weeks so don't feel I can give 5 stars yet - I may update in 6 months. It has improved in comfort significantly from the first week. The comfort rating is what I would rate it now, not what I would have given if I had reviewed this after the first night.
- double sided so hopefully it will last longer than my last mattress. Most of the other mattresses available were single sided.
- light enough for me to turn and flip on my own (there was no point in it being double-sided if it was too heavy for me to lift). As a middle-aged 5ft2in woman this was the main reason I choose this mattress over others. I recommend going into a store and trying to lift mattresses if this is important to you as a lot of other mattresses were very heavy.
- pocket sprung and no memory foam - a plus point if you don't like overheating in the summer.
- reasonable price
- you can't sit on the edge of the mattress - this isn't very important to me, but might be important to others. It's fine for getting into and out of bed, but the edges do not have extra support like some mattresses and sink when you sit on them.
- breaking in the mattress to achieve a comfortable sleep took around 2 weeks (although I may be breaking it in for a while yet as I still have some rotating and turning to do). The first few days were very uncomfortable, so much so, that I was regretting my decision. However, I had been warned that mattresses can take a while to break in, and had the 40 day trial to fall back on if necessary, so I persevered. Initially the padding feels very pronounced and solid - more like a very firm mattress than a medium. I also thought I could feel the 'tufts' as small hard lumps. I did not sleep well on it the first couple of nights and had back ache, so I looked up some ways of speeding up the 'breaking in' process. I crawled around on it several times a day and resisted getting a topper (which slows down the breaking in process), although I did sleep on top of a doubled up duvet a couple of times in the first week. I'm happy to say that, 3 weeks on, I'm sleeping well, have no back ache and I'm not noticing the tufts anymore. I don't feel like I would need a topper now and would say the mattress is medium/firm at the moment. The area where I'm sleeping is softer than other areas of the mattress, so I think it probably will be a medium as advertised once it is fully broken in.
Overall, I am happy I bought this mattress - just be warned that the breaking-in process means you may be in for some uncomfortable nights to begin with. It wouldn't be suitable if you like to use the edge of your mattress as a place to sit.